2020 KMFL SEASON CANCELLED
It is with heavy hearts that the Kinsmen Minor Football League has decided to officially cancel our 40th Anniversary Season due to the impact COVID-19 has had on our sport this year. Following Provincial and Municipal guidelines as well as those set our sport’s governing body, Football Canada, the KMFL is not able to run a typical tackle football season.
Guidelines do allow for non-contact football with restricted numbers. The KMFL tried to align with these standards to offer our players and families a break from the daily stresses this pandemic has created. However, after initially running an information survey followed by initial registration, there simply is not enough participation to meet the minimum number of players.
2020 KMFL SKILLS CAMPS
Although we cannot offer a football league this year, the KMFL will be offering four (4) skills camps at a cost of $10 per evening. These camps will be drop-in and will provide players with the opportunity to meet with the KMFL Coaches and develop/refine their football skills. The camps will be held on the following dates:
- September 10th, 6:00PM – 7:30PM (Offensive Drills)
- September 11th, 6:00PM – 7:30PM (Defensive & Kicking Drills)
- September 15th, 6:00PM – 7:30PM (Offensive Drills)
- September 16th, 6:00PM – 7:30PM (Defensive & Kicking Drills)
Come to one, two, three or even all four nights.
All camps will be held at Kenner CVI, with a Junior division running on the East (small) field and Senior division will be run on the Main (large) field. All drills will be run by Community Coaches and will follow COVID-19 safety precautions, including but not limited to:
- All coaches will wear face masks during all instructional periods.
- Increased sanitizing during and after all drills.
- Limited number of participants (50 max) per night.
- Contact tracing each night.
The KMFL Executive