Player/Parent Code of Conduct Agreement
The Kinsmen Minor Football League is a not-for-profit organization, run strictly by volunteers who work countless hours each year to provide a safe and organized league for youth to play football.
This player/parent code of conduct is not intended to be an all‐inclusive list of rules concerning player/parent behavior. All players and parents registered to play on a Kinsmen Minor Football League (KMFL) team are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is above and beyond respectful of others and reflects positively on the KMFL and the Peterborough and Area community.
Sportsmanship: All players and parents must learn and display a sense of fair play. Be humble in victory, gracious in defeat. Players and parents must represent your team and the KMFL by showing good sportsmanship at all times, win or lose.
Respect, Integrity and Pursuit of Excellence: All players and parents must treat all others as you expect to be treated. Strive to perform each aspect of the game to the highest level of your ability and with the highest level of integrity and fair play. Support your team and teammates at all times. Respect all opponents’ players and parents at all times. Strive to excellence.
Player Conduct: Each player will agree to the following:
Parent/ Guardian Responsibility: Each parent will agree to the following:
Anti‐Harassment Policy: Each player/parent will agree to the following: No player or parent shall engage in violent behavior toward another player or parent because of his/her race, religion, sex, or ethnic origin. No player or parent shall engage in verbal conduct related to another player or parent because of his/her race, religion, sex, or ethnic origin when the conduct:
Any player or parent found to have engaged in such prohibited conduct shall be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including, immediate dismissal and/or a formal apology to the offended individual.
a) Harassment takes many forms but can generally be defined as comment, conduct or gesture directed toward an individual or group of individuals, which is insulting, intimidating, humiliating, malicious, degrading or offensive.
b) Types of behavior which constitute harassment include but are not limited to:
- Written or verbal abuse or threats.
- The display of visual material which is offensive or which one ought to know is offensive.
- Unwelcome remarks, jokes, comments, innuendo, or taunting about a person’s looks, body, attire, age, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
- Leering or other suggestive or obscene gestures;
- Condescending, paternalistic, or patronizing behavior which undermines self-esteem, practical jokes which cause awkwardness or embarrassment, endanger a person’s safety, or negatively affect performance;
- Unwanted physical contact including touching, petting, pinching or kissing;
- Unwelcome sexual flirtations, advances, requests or invitations;
- Physical or sexual assault.
c) For the purposes of this policy, sexual harassment is defined as unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favours, or other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when:
- Submitting to or rejecting this conduct is used as the basis for making decisions which affect the individual; or
- Such conduct has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s performance; or
- Such conduct creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment.
d) Although sexual harassment most commonly occurs in the form of behavior by males towards females, sexual harassment can also occur between males, between females or as behavior by females toward males. Regardless of the gender, the KMFL prohibits sexual harassment in all forms.
e) For the purposes of this Policy, retaliation against an individual;
- For having filed a complaint under this policy; or
- For having participated in any procedure under this Policy. or
- For having been associated with a person, who files a complaint or participated in any procedure under this Policy, will be treated as harassment, and will not be tolerated.
Discipline Policy/Consequences: Each player and parent is advised of the following discipline policy and consequences for any and all inappropriate conduct.